A Welder at STE is someone who is experienced in welding with an emphasis on quality. All of our employees are expected to complete tasks with the highest form of integrity and craftsmanship in their work. If hired, there are a variety of different welding positions along the production line that welders will be exposed to. Each spot in the production line is designed to help processes run smoothly, so that our tanks arrive to the customer as soon as possible. Along with being an exceptional Welder, we want our employees to be great people. Whether that is at work, or in the community, STE employees represent our company in a positive manner 24/7, 365 days a year.
We are looking for experienced Welders who meet these requirements:
- 1-3 years of experience as a Welder/Fabricator;
- MIG & TIG welding experience is required;
- 300 grade stainless steel welding experience is required; aluminum welding a plus;
- Experience in fabrication a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings & blueprints;
- Strong mechanical aptitude;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Capable of reading basic measuring equipment i.e. tape measures, rulers, levels etc.
- Professionalism and positive attitude is a must;
- Self-motivated, self-starter;
- Ability to use all extremities to efficiently operate manual tools and power tools;
- Ability to work in a variety of environments which may include exposure to extreme heat, humidity, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, loud noise, and all weather conditions;
- Climbing and working on, stairs, ladders, and scaffolding, at heights up to 15 feet is required;
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds;
- Must be able to work in confined spaces for extended periods of time;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus and ability to read engineering drawings, meters, and documentation;
- Ability to hear audible warning horns
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally.
STE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud of our Armed Services members & has made the commitment to hire Veterans when possible.